Thursday, November 11, 2010

I need a new bike!

  This has been my bike for the past 4 years, I road it to almost all of my classes and still ride it pretty much everyday!  It's a Trek 400 Road Bike, it was originally my Uncle Tim's bike but he gave it to my dad 16 years ago, so it's at least 20 some years old.
(click to make all photos bigger)

 I have replaced a lot of parts on it in the past 4 years but it is finally starting to fall apart.
I have crashed it at least 4 times.  I have bent the handlebars, front fork, front rim, and it is scraped up all over. 
 Now that I live in Bowling Green I ride everyday...to work and just for fun.
I really enjoy riding at night.  It's relaxing, a good way to clear my head, and gets me away from all of the distractions at my apartment. 

I have this iPhone app that tracks my millage, MPH, and tracks me with GPS.  Then sends it to RunKeeper.com.  The site keeps track of all my miles, in the past 3 weeks  have averaged 12.4 miles per day!  I am riding almost as much as I drive now!
 Here's a screen shot of my bike ride route from the other night, I road all around BG.  I can also name & save the routes so I can ride them again in the future...this one was a trip down memory lane.  
 But my bike isn't doing so well though, the back wheel wobbles, most of the gears don't work right, and all the barrings grind.  I really need/want a new bike.  I want to get something that'll last all long as my Trek has!  I don't have the money now but hopefully by the spring I can get one.
I'd love to have this Trek! 

Thanks for viewing and if you have any suggestions of bike brands let me know.

No comments: